Assistant Retail Manager - Silk Road Tea
- Retail - Chinatown/Hudson
- Victoria, BC, CAN
- Full Time
- Bonus opportunities available!
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR A FULL TIME ASSISTANT RETAIL MANAGER FOR OUR FLAGSHIP STORE (LOCATED IN CHINATOWN IN VICTORIA).
Are you passionate about people, sales and delivering a wonderful experience to clients? If the answer is yes, we'd love for you to join our retail team.
WE OFFER COMPETITIVE WAGES AND A DYNAMIC, ENGAGING ENVIRONMENT WHERE YOU CAN FURTHER DEVELOP AND ENHANCE YOUR SKILL SETS.
Does sustainability and offering high quality products and experiences matter to you? You can feel good about sharing our organic, eco-friendly, exquisite quality products and customer service with others.
Silk Road Tea is an award-winning, innovative lifestyle brand. We make fresh, premium quality, organic tea, skincare, bodycare and wellness products that are at the heart of our company. Our organic, eco-friendly products are good for people and the planet. We also carry a beautiful selection of companion products including exquisite teacups, teapots, tea accessories and aromatherapy diffusers that are curated by our Founder, Owner and acclaimed Tea Master Daniela Cubelic.
We are passionate about inspiring empowering and educating clients with making healthy, self-nurturing choices that benefit their daily lives. Education happens in-store throughout all customer encounters, through merchandising and in-store signage, as well as through our amazing in-store tastings and classes (that get rave reviews from clients!). Our website, videos, and social media platforms are also designed to be a great resource for ongoing inspiration and educational information. In addition to retail stores (which are owned and operated by us), we also offer online shopping, and our hand-crafted tea, skin and bodycare products are available at select restaurants, cafes, hotels and other retailers.
You will report directly to the Director of Retail and Wholesale Operations and be responsible for driving sales and increasing profitability by developing a team of individuals who are focused on delivering an exceptional client experience and maintaining operational excellence within our store, which services retail and wholesale clients. The SGM will lead by example with a strong sales focused background that will include being a brand ambassador, product knowledge expert and educator, setting high standards for overall leadership, driving sales through merchandising and store presentation and maintain a team that consistently delivers an exceptional client experience. The culture of our business is leadership from the sales floor, meaning this is a hands-on position where a majority of the time (85% or more) is spent on the retail floor leading and modeling to the team. You are motivated by personal development and growth opportunities in a positive, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented, and results-focused culture.
- You are a natural leader and are focused on developing and maintaining a team of high performing sales associates
- You love to interact and have fun with people in a professional, sales focused environment
- You are an educator and want to share your passion for our products in a way that will enhance our client's lives and develop our team's selling skills
- You are committed to driving sales by delivering, and coaching the team to deliver, exemplary service by sharing your product knowledge and sales skills in an effective manner
- You have excellent verbal communication skills and will use those to connect with both our clients and team members
- You are motivated by personal development and growth opportunities in a positive, dynamic, entrepreneurial, growth-oriented, and results-focused culture
- Must be available to work a 40 hours a week, in a mix of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- 1+ years managing a business within a business ie: department head or assistant manager
- High-end retail management experience preferred
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Proven track record of managing a results oriented retail business
- Strong leaderships skills with demonstrated ability of managing a business with more than ten employees
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings